Water is the root of the growth and survival of all things. The history of living creatures in nature and migration is sometimes just to find the pure water source for survival. And human beings can rely on smart inventions to draw water sources and let natural water sources thousands of miles away serve themselves. Therefore, it is very important to choose a good delivery pipe.
Next, let’s look at the water pipes on the market by material
1. PP-R pipe: PP-R pipe is hygienic and non-toxic, its material is completely composed of carbon and hydrogen elements, light weight, corrosion resistance, smooth inner wall of the pipe, low water resistance, good temperature and pressure resistance, and can be used as Cold water pipes can also be used as hot water pipes. The connection adopts hot-melt technology. After the hot-melt connection of the pipeline and the pipe fittings, the two can be completely integrated, and the life of the qualified connection is the same as that of the pipe. Therefore, it is a commonly used pipeline in China.
Advantages: cheap and will not rust, and easy to install, fast construction
Disadvantages: prolonged use of the pipeline is easy to multiply bacteria, which is not hygienic
2. Copper pipe: Copper is relatively inactive metal. When used as a water pipe, it has stable chemical properties, is not easy to corrode, and has a very long service life. There are two ways to connect copper pipes: crimping and welding. The crimping is sealed with an O-ring, which causes aging and water leakage for a long time. Welding is to melt the metal solder through high temperature such as acetylene welding, and then fill it into the joint gap. This method is reliable in connection and has a very long service life. However, acetylene welding requires high and has certain dangers, and generally requires workers to have corresponding operating certificates. The copper pipe itself is expensive and the installation cost is high.
Advantages: high strength, stable performance, not easy to corrode, and can be sterilized.
Disadvantages: high price, difficult construction, large heat loss in hot water application, and easy water leakage
3. Aluminum-plastic pipe: Aluminum-plastic pipe is a kind of multi-layer pipe, the inner and outer layers are plastic, the middle is metal aluminum, and the plastic and aluminum are bonded with a special adhesive. It has the advantages of corrosion resistance of plastic pipes, as well as the advantages of temperature, pressure, and flexibility of metal pipes. The aluminum-plastic pipe generally adopts a bite type joint, which uses a plug-in method and is locked by a thread, and is sealed by an O-ring. The installation is very simple. However, the ferrule type joint is easy to loosen after being used for a long time, and the probability of water leakage is higher.
Advantages: The price is relatively cheap, the installation is simple, and it can be bent at will.
Disadvantages: The joint is easy to loosen, the O-ring is easy to age, and the probability of leakage is high. It is strongly recommended that it only be used for cold water surface installation.
4. PVC pipe: a pipe made of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) as the main material, and glue is generally used when connecting. It has poor frost resistance and heat resistance, so it is difficult to use as a hot water pipe; the strength is not suitable for the pressure requirements of water pipes, so cold water pipes are rarely used. In most cases, PVC pipes are used for electrical wires and sewage pipes. Due to its low price, temporary water supply pipes are often used on construction sites.
Advantages: light, easy to install, low cost, and not easy to corrode.
Disadvantages: brittle, poor temperature and pressure resistance
5. Stainless steel tube: stainless steel tube has strong corrosion resistance, strong impact resistance, safe and reliable use. There are three ways of connection: clamping, ring pressing and welding. Welding requirements and costs are relatively high, generally used in industry.
Advantages: health, safety, environmental protection, no scaling, no rust, long service life, corrosion resistance, strong compression resistance, high strength
Disadvantages: the price is higher than other water pipes
In terms of safety, performance, and longevity, I still want to remind everyone again that for the health of you and your family, it is recommended that you choose stainless steel water pipes with higher cost performance.